Medical Data Exchange Solution
The Cisco Medical Data Exchange Solution (MDES) is an integrated end-to-end, standards-based solution that facilitates patient-centric access to medical records.
It gives healthcare professionals from multiple institutions access to patient data from previously disconnected systems with incompatible formats and disparate medical terminology. Now providers can quickly and easily access and review a patient's medical data gathered by different applications and stored in separate locations.
The solution helps address several key healthcare issues such as:
- Limited access to clinical patient information
- Increasing costs and inefficiencies of healthcare services
- Improving quality of patient care and experience
Data Center Virtulization for Healthcare
The Cisco healthcare data center architecture delivers the scalability and cost-effectiveness to support PACS as well as healthcare’s other growing requirements, such as:
- The need for caregivers to interact with patients and deliver information immediately although they may be separated by a city, state, country, or continent
- The elimination of manual paper and analog media, and the transition to a digital environment with the architectures necessary for business continuity and disaster recovery
- A collaborative atmosphere where more professionals are involved in data interpretations and patient care
The Cisco Data Center Virtualization for Healthcare solution helps address these needs by dramatically reducing costs and management complexity in the data center.
Context Aware Healthcare Solution
Improve hospital staff efficiency, enhance the quality of patient care, and streamline inventory management to help increase patient satisfaction.
With Context-Aware Healthcare, you can:
- Instantly locate mobile assets such as wheelchairs or infusion pumps, saving time and potential replacement costs
- Track medical staff to help identify bottlenecks and adapt workflow for more efficient use of resources
- Improve patient management by helping ensure that patients remain in designated areas of the hospital
Expert on Demand Solution
Improve patient care by using audio and video conferencing to support instant communication between clinicians, first responders, and other health experts.
The Cisco Expert on Demand solution helps enable clinicians and first responders to consult as needed with colleagues and experts, regardless of location.
In addition, clinicians can quickly contact offsite interpreters and overcome language barriers between patients and care providers.